Tuesday, July 18, 2017

PAPER PUMPKIN - July

AS IS & WITH A TWIST


Paper Pumpkin hasn't posted their July unboxing yet so I'm sharing this video from one of my favorite SU dems on YouTube - 


There are some really cute elements to this kit. They have almost a Spring quality to them. But I figured out how to turn one into a Christmas card. I'll show you that in With A Twist at the end of this post.




At first I wasn't sure I'd like these little wooden mountain pieces but they are pretty cool when you're finished. To position them within the circle opening, after putting the mountain scene according to the directions included in the kit, I turned the circle mat over and worked from the back:


I swirled a bit of the mono liquid glue below the circle opening then positioned the mountain scene accordingly, leaving a bit of space above the highest peak. The mom glue dries pretty quick. I also used the dimensionals for the sentiment tab.


I liked this springy card so much, I made two of them. Just changing the sentiment and it's position:


This next card was the absolute easiest card with a unique technique. I have to tell you, I have approximately 200 rolls of Washi Tape. So when I unboxed this kit yesterday, I had to get all excited and show Bob they'd included two rolls of washi. We have this thing when I'm shopping. If I'm anywhere near washi table displays he will say 'Step away from the washi'. 

The watercolor background is pre-done. Just stamp the little star burts in Tranquil Tide.



When I first looked at the picture, I could not figure out what I was missing. I could not find this printed circle in the kit anywhere!  Well, all else fails read the directions...


Use your washi to make a BACKGROUND!  The circle is punched out from the circle frame in Card 1. 

This final card uses the heart punch out from Card 2 & 3 as well as sticker strips from the kit.


Okay.. while this might not be the most ingenious Christmas card, it works. 


I stamped around the circle opening with the sunburst in Tranquil Tide. Then applied Real Red Enamel Dots for accent. The sentiment from At Home With You fits perfectly on the provided sentiment strip. Next week, I'll show you an alternative to this design.

We're still doing Christmas in July and I have cards lined up for the rest of this week including a One Sheet Wonder for the Fab Five Friday. All the cards this week showcase the Carols of Christmas stamp set.... an Early Purchase available in August. 

Paper Pumpkin is the easiest way to add to your All Occasion Card Stash. Never be left without a card for those last minute mailings. For $19.95, Paper Pumpkin will arrive in your mail box somewhere around the 17th of the month. You can sign up and cancel at any time. To receive the August Paper Pumpkin you must be signed up before August 10th. Go to Paper Pumpkin and select me as your demonstrator when prompted to receive a bonus gift from me.

Creative Blessings!
Kelly










No comments:

Post a Comment