Sunday, July 9, 2017

CHRISTMAS IN JULY - Fast Five Friday - Flurry of Wishes Part 2


Sincerest apologies for not posting this with the rest of the set on Friday. I got the cards finished but then had to run the bill errands before businesses closed. I know I should have had them already done and uploaded but there just are not enough hours in the day with my grandchildren here. Having them here is NOT like having kids every day 24/7. If they were here permanently, I could carve out working hours. But they are not. I only have them for a short time.  In a few short weeks they'll be winging their way back to their life in WA. When that happens, my routine will return to normal.

Speaking of Normal.... Sharon Madson brought to my attention I'd not posted the correct completed card photo on Friday of Card 1. I've put the correct photo in place on that post but here's a look at the REAL finished card:

CARD 1:



So here are the remaining four cards from Fast Five Friday.

CARD 2:


This first card is the only one I'm showing with actual 'step' photos. I used the Color Theory paper and left overs from card 1. After completing I realized I'd mixed Pacific Point with Dapper Denim. Oops.

The Color Theory mats are cut the exact size of the card front.
I layered the ombre strip first cut at 5.5 x 2.5. The paint splatter makes a blizzardy snow fall cut at 5.5x 2.5

I DID NOT adhere this to the card base right away. I only used the base to line the two mats up. Put your entire top layer together, then glue to your card base.

Start by laying the ombre strip first"


Then the blizzard piece:


This allows the snow to fall into the ombre. Even though you won't see this once the ribbon is in place, it bugged me in the beginning. ;-)


I layered the Silver Ribbon over the burlap. The burlap is cut at 5.5" but the silver ribbon does wrap over the end and secured on the back. 


I wrapped the silver thread around 4 of my fingers approx. 4 times then secured with a thin glue dot on the back.

CARD 3:


Cut a piece of the ombre 5.5x2.25 then run through your embossing machine of choice using the Softly Falling EB folder. 

TIP:  If you want the raised texture, place your paper in the folder with the Sizzix/ Stampin' UP! logo facing up. If you want the 'divet' texture then insert your paper with the copywrite symbol facing up.

I did switch over to the Dapper Denim cardstock for these remaining three cards. I stamped the sentiment in one of the existing circles from Card 1 then cut the next size up with the Stitched Framelits in Dapper Denim. I added the sequins from Metallics Embellishments and the 1/8" silver cord.

CARD 4:


This snowflake is layered using the two largest snowflakes from the set. The largest is embossed with the Silver embossing powder, the next one simply stamped with Dapper Denim then the smallest one embossed with Silver embossing powder. I was able to use the punch for the smallest one but the two others were fussy cut. 

For my top layer, I used Dapper Denim cut 5.5x2.25 then wrapped twice with the silver ribbon. The sentiment is stamped and heat embossed with the silver embossing folder. Then the entire assembly adhered to a white card base.

CARD 5:

The simplest card of them all: 


I did a tone on tone stamping of the snowflake on a 5.5x1.5" Pacific Point using Versa Mark. Both the snowflake and the Pacific Point mat are left from Card 1. I cut the next size up from the Silver Cardstock using the Stitched Framelits. The sentiment is stamped in Pacific Point.

There you are! Five additional Cards in various degrees of craftability. I hope you are following along and making your cards. I'd love to see so if you have a blog or gallery somewhere, please link me! You might get a little extra something from me.

While we are talking about Christmas, I have to let you in on a little secret. If you've ever thought about being a Stampin' Up demonstrator, NOW is the perfect time!  What they are offering new demonstrators in the month of July is just ASTOUNDING!

You get to choose your own kit - $125 in Product for $99
PLUS..
You receive these BONUSES absolutely FREE!
      Paper Snips
      Grid Paper Pad
      Snail Adhesive
      Bone Folder
      D- Acrylic Block (2)
      PLUS....
      Carols of Christmas Stamp Set from the new Holiday Catalog!

Have I mentioned, that stamp set is not available to the general public yet? That's CRAZY!

What does that mean for you? 
This amazing BONUS collection means you get a jump start on kicking off your Holiday Shopping Season with your customers. PLUS as a demonstrator, you'll begin earning 20% on your very first order (20% discount on personal orders) PLUS be able to order from the Holiday Pre-Order. Again, getting Holiday product in your hands before anyone else. 

What are you waiting for? Have questions? Please drop me a note on my contact form and I'm happy to answer them.

Creative Blessings!
Kelly









No comments:

Post a Comment