Monday, July 3, 2017

CHRISTMAS IN JULY - Grand Girls

Sorry this is so late. We went to a 4th of July celebration last night and none of us got to bed before midnight. I could not move this morning and our cards were not done! So that was our project after a very late breakfast. With tons of interruptions, each girl managed to put her card together. This week, since we're doing Christmas in July, the girls made Christmas cards for one or the other parent. They will make a second before they go back home. The plan is to make Christmas gifts for their parents, and their cards. Then when I mail gifts in December, I'll include the ones they made.

I can not remember where I saw the adorable card of the kitty from Pretty Kitty sticking out of the stocking but just fell in love and I knew the girls would too. I let them choose whether they wanted to use Pretty Kitty or Bella & Friends. They each chose a different set.  We also used the Christmas Stockings Thinlits 

Abby chose Rose Red and Adrian liked Rich Razzleberry cardstock. They stamped their pets in Soft Suede

With a little help they cut their stocking out. Then I showed them how to dip & dab the white glue with their finger tip and apply 'dab' to the back of their intricately cut stocking. They adhered the die cut to a solid Whisper White stocking.

We raised the stocking up on dimensionals so their fussy-cut friend could tuck into the top of the stocking.


Just adorable!

Adrian had an oops so we went a step further with her card.


She dropped the inked sentiment stamp before she could get it into place. I told her Ooops just means she gets to add a bit of flair to her card. We used the Stitched Framelits ovals to cover the ooops. She added a star bling to the center of the snowflake. 

Overall, I think the girls did a fab job. Adrian, the oldest doesn't seem to have the dexterity her younger sister does but she is trying. I think maybe she gets a bit too intense while Abby is like 'whatever' and is more relaxed. I love watching their individual styles.  And I hope you're enjoying seeing their creations. 

Creative Christmas Blessings!
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. They did a beautiful cards, Kelly. Every oops is an artistic opportunity! LOL

    ReplyDelete