Friday, July 7, 2017

CHRISTMAS IN JULY - Day 4 - Fast Five Friday - F:urry of Wishes


Okay.. so while I have five cards using the Flurry of Wishes stamp set, the more intensive card has multiple tips I want to share so I'm going to do that card first. Then the simpler CAS cards will follow. This first card is a perfect example of why I need to start filming YouTube videos. Unfortunately, they are not going to happen until the girls have gone. I've had to type this up in stages. LOL  If you are or have ever been a parent with small children, you get it.

I got the idea for this card from my up-line, Brandy Cox at Brandy's Cards. Her Sweet Moments medallion card is part of her 10 in 20 series... 10 cards in twenty minutes. My husband calls them 'cookie cutter cards'. I call them a quick way to build my stash so that I have cards on hand.

While I did make ten of these, I did NOT do them in twenty minutes. LOL Not with family interruptions and making them in stages. Also, I used thinlits rather than the 2" punch (which I do not have yet. I used what I had on hand) so that cutting took a bit more time than punching. But I think well worth the outcome.


I chose Pacific Point. This is made so the card is matted.
Cut 1 - 5.5 x 4.25 from Pacific Point.
Cut 1 white card base 8 x 5.25 - score the 8" side at the 4" mark and fold to create your card.


We will mat the card to the Pacific Point base at the very end. 
For the circle, I used the closest die I had to a 2".. I think it's actually a 1-7/8". I opened the card, centered the die then ran it through my machine.



When I cut the white card, I was left with these:

Brandy had a great idea to use these to make our own washi tape image to coordinate with the stampset.


Because my snowflake was a bit narrower than her medallion, I secured mine to the graph paper in groups of two. Then stamped the snowflake in Pacific Point. I turned the stamp a 1/4 turn back and forth to 'nest' the flakes along the strip.


Then adhered each strip to the fold edge of the card:


Notice the blue ring? My husband thought that opening edge needed something, so I used the same size I used for the 1-7/8" and the next size up of the Stitched Framelits, nesting them together on the Pacific Point card stock like this:


This saved me a step in cutting the larger circle then cutting the center out to give me the ring.

When I'd finished cutting both the opening and the circle, I was left with these:

You will see them used in cards below.

I used the Tombo white glue to adhered the ring around the opening.

I stamped the second smallest snowflake in Pacific Point them punched them with the snowflake punch (discontinued). While that is no longer available, I did cut one out to see how well a fussy cut would do. Went quick and is almost hard to pick out from the other 9 that were punched.


I added a dimensional to the center back of each one and with the card closed, centered a snowflake in the opening.

I used the sentiment from the set and the double banner punch. I stamped the sentiment on Whisper white and punched it out then punched the full banner out of Pacific Point and layered the two. I used dimensionals to layer the banner to the card front.


TIP: to help line up the small piece of cardstock with the sentiment and hold it in place, I stuck a post it note to the edge to use as a handle. Finally, layer the card to the Pacific Point base. Here's another look at the final card:


Note shown: I added a bit of bling to the center of each snowflake.

Okay, the next four cards have a lot less steps. I'll show you the card and dimensions. If you have questions, please email me :-)


While we are talking about Christmas, I have to let you in on a little secret. If you've ever thought about being a Stampin' Up demonstrator, NOW is the perfect time!  What they are offering new demonstrators in the month of July is just ASTOUNDING!

You get to choose your own kit - $125 in Product for $99
PLUS..
You receive these BONUSES absolutely FREE!
      Paper Snips
      Grid Paper Pad
      Snail Adhesive
      Bone Folder
      D- Acrylic Block (2)
      PLUS....
      Carols of Christmas Stamp Set from the new Holiday Catalog!

Have I mentioned, that stamp set is not available to the general public yet? That's CRAZY!

What does that mean for you? 
This amazing BONUS collection means you get a jump start on kicking off your Holiday Shopping Season with your customers. PLUS as a demonstrator, you'll begin earning 20% on your very first order (20% discount on personal orders) PLUS be able to order from the Holiday Pre-Order. Again, getting Holiday product in your hands before anyone else. 

What are you waiting for? Have questions? Please drop me a note on my contact form and I'm happy to answer them.

Creative Blessings!
Kelly







2 comments:

  1. Beautifully done card. I do have a question, though. Where did you use the blue ring? On the inside of the card? I love the banner with the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Geez! LOL I posted the wrong finished card. Will correct. Thanks for the catch!

      Delete