Wednesday, June 21, 2017

PAPER PUMPKIN - June As Is & Twist

I apologize for no post yesterday. My grandgirls come first this summer and I swore I would not work if they wanted to do something. We also started 'summer school' yesterday.

So here we are today with As Is and Twist on the same day... plus a video to show you.


What a cute kit for June! Nothing says summer like Watermelon!

First, I made the bag:


The bag measures 4" x 5.5" so it's a pretty decent sized gift bag.

Then I did the card:


That tropical paper is just super cute! And here's the envelope I did with the card:


Tying bows and knots is one of those ambidextrous techniques that takes multiple hands but we only have two. I don't recall where I saw this tip (maybe on Beary Wishes as well) but I think it's ingenious!


Hobby Tweezers to hold the first stage of your knot in place. Here's a close-up:



For my Twist... one is mine and one is from the YouTube channel of Beary Wishes. I want to try her twist but there just were not enough hours in the day yesterday... especially after the 5 year old collided with a door knob while she and sissy were playing tag. Doesn't matter how many times you tell them NOT to run in the house... they have to find out the hard way.


I used the existing banner as a template and cut out a slightly larger one in Melon Mambo. Stamped the greeting in Emerald Envy. I used Daffodil Delight to duplicate the watercolor background on the inside of the card then overstamped HOORAY in Melon Mambo.

The technique I really want to try is using the watermelon rind for a RAINBOW! Kathie from BearyWishes is ingenious and I can not wait to try this:



Watermelon technique begins at about 12:10

And if you need a little crafting music, here's a throwback tune from Tracy Byrd:


Bob comes home today so I'm off the rest of the week. I have a video scheduled but should have some good things up next week.

Creative Blessings!
Kelly






2 comments:

  1. That watermelon bag is so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the die-cut gift items they send us. Cards are easy to put together but we never have these little extra somethings on hand. Thanks for stopping by! Creative Blessings

      Delete