Monday, June 12, 2017

FUN WITH THE GRANDGIRLS! - Father's Day Cards!

The grandgirls have arrived and we are in full FUN mode. They both love to craft and very artistic so once a week I'll be sharing one of our projects using Stampin' UP! products.  This week we began with Father's Day cards. They won't be home to spend the day with him so I wanted to give them the opportunity to get cards in the mail to him.

Kids love messy stuff so I started with the Shaving Cream technique. If you're not familiar with this technique, I'm including a YouTube video. I have to say this is as much fun for the kid in all of us.


The girls used all Stampin' UP! products so I thought this would be a great share for the blog. It's important to remember, that while we have fun playing with our toys, there are great projects for the kids too. Doing crafting with them allows them to express themselves and take a break from the heat. So here we go!

Our pages:


I have the larger pieces. I thought showing them the process was a good opportunity for me to get some backgrounds made for my own projects.

Here is Abby's background. She is 5


She chose Melon Mambo, Old Olive and Basic Black. We added a bit of glitter for fun.

This is her card:


I can't remember the set the heart is from. It's from a retired set. The sentiment is from Suite Sentiments. She used the Stitched Framelits for the heart mats

And here's Adrian's. She's 9


Adrian chose Real Red, Marina Mist and Black. 

And here's her card:


She chose So In Love (retired). She wanted to make a bow from Wonderous Wreath so I pulled out the Red Glitter. Adrian also got to try the Watercolor Pencils. Because she is older she got to play a bit more so she dusted color on the edges of her mat with the finger daubers.

Both girls got to use the Vagabond to do their diecuts. Adrian will probably get more time working with the Vagabond. 

I'm not sure what we'll play with next week. I hope you'll come back to see what we do.

Creative Blessings





3 comments:

  1. I love this technique. So glad your girls are crafting with you. Their cards are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are both very artistic. I've already planned next week's project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work!how fun you have some crafting buddies!

    muscrat Kathy

    ReplyDelete