Monday, May 8, 2017

GETTING ORGANIZED

Sorry I don't have a card this week. I've been a bit preoccupied with getting better organized. For those of you who do not know, I am horribly OCD. I can NOT even think about creating in chaos and my studio is that this week. We ripped out one of my storage units and hubby built a new one to my specs. Of course, this means all of my boxes of stamps are piled on the sofa here in the studio and on a conference table. Until about an hour ago, all of my cardstock and designer series paper was sitting on the floor.

Here's what that part of the studio looked like before we started:


Aside from stamp sets in the photo boxes (both in the cabinet and on the floor), there were loose ones in the shallow drawers on the right. The bottom three drawers are all non- SU fibers. The drawers on the left housed embossing powders and washi tape.

I knew this was not going to work any longer. I needed my most- used coardstock and DSP up higher. This body and getting down on the hands and knees just do not play nice any more. So I got everything drawn up and my handy dandy husband went to work. 


Bob made the interlocking unit from shelf boards purchased at Menards. 


Here is the completed unit ready for me to fill it up! And with so many yummy new DSPs coming June 1, that won't be hard. I can't tell you anything more than I think this is the largest DSP collection in a single Annual Catalog I've ever seen. When time slows down, I might have to get out my back catalogs and check that statistic out. 

The top three and bottom two rows of cubbies are 15" deep and 15" high. They'll accommodate The Paper Studio paper keepers that I keep all of my papers in. I also use the 1" wide paper keepers to hold 'slabs' or 'stacks' of DSP such as DCWV.  I'll be showing more of my organization in the coming weeks but I thought since this is what I've been busy creating, I'd give you a peek into my studio. 

If UPS cooperates, tomorrow I'll have my pre-order preview post so stop back by to see what I'll be playing with first!
Creative Blessings!
Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment