Tuesday, April 18, 2017

PAPER PUMPKIN - MIA

I'm beginning to think the postal service is holding my April Paper Pumpkin on hiatus. So I will hopefully be able to plug them in for next Tuesday/ Wednesday.

In the mean time, I put together a different sort of card for you today. I belong to several forums at Splitcoast Stampers. One of those is a group called Teapotters. Every week we are inspired to send a card to someone who needs a bit of cheering up. We have sent cheery messages to young children battling a myriad of illnesses, to grownups dealing with their own health issues. Many times members hear of someone celebrating a milestone occasion, like a 100+ birthday ( yes, we've had a couple of those) .

This week we are cheering up one of our own. Elizabeth was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and has undergone a second surgery. She tries to occupy her mind with things like crafting. We've decided to brighten her spirits with a card shower.

I subscribe to two card magazines from the UK. My April issue of Quick Cards Made Easy came yesterday and had the perfect 'pick me up' tutorial using border dies. Well, I don't have any border dies - yet ;-)  However, the design could be duplicated with simple cut squares.

I thought of two things Lift Me Up and Fairy Celebration.

This is the card on it's way to Elizabeth tomorrow:


I started with 3 panels of thin chipboard (mine was leftover from the box my rolodex came in) and 6 pieces of Whisper White cardstock. I could have chosen not to use the white cardstock on both sides of the chipboard but I wanted the extra sturdiness.

The chip board pieces are cut 4.25" square and the Whisper White 3.75" square


Next I chose my patterns from the Lift Me Up DSP. I selected 6 different ones. I cut 2 strips of Peek A Boo Peach cardstock 3" x 1.5" each for the hinges and scored them longways at the 3/4" mark.


I used tear tape to adhere the papers to the chip board.The 1/4" width was perfect for insuring spacing.


 By placing the score tape right against the edge of the cardstock, I was able to use that as a guide for placing the mat.





IMPORTANT NOTE:
Before applying your hinges, ROUND your corners on all of your pieces. I used the corner rounder on the Envelope Punch Board as it's easier to punch through the thicknesses.
I didn't think of that before hand which made rounding the inside corners 'interesting' LOL

Okay... Individual panels:


Cover
I ghost stamped both of the small balloons from Up and Away
The border is stamped in Mint Macaron using one of the images from Delicate Details


Inside Panel 1
Watercolor pencils. I put dots of iridescent stickles on the mushroom dots and brushed the same on her wings. 


Center Panel
Delicate Details in Peek A Boo Peach, Sentiment from Fairy Celebration in Mint Macaron
The fairy is ghost stamped then various ghost stamp levels of the fairy dust in Watermelon Wonder


Panel 3
Stamp the dragonfly on velum with Peek A Boo Peach. Cut out using coordinating die then lightly swipe with Mint Macaron for a bit of definition. I brushed the iridescent stickles over the body. When everything was dry, I added a heart and 2 smallest stones from the Rhinestone basics


This went together rather quickly. I cut enough chipboard pieces while my guillotine cutters was out. as I'd like to do another one when I'm not trying to rush to a blog post. I even think this is one my 9-yr old granddaughter could do with a bit of assistance. The girls will be here for about 8 weeks this summer. Maybe she could make one to pop in the mail to mommy. 

I'll be back tomorrow with another project. 

Creative Blessings
Kelly
















No comments:

Post a Comment