Friday, April 21, 2017

FAB FIVE FRIDAY - Sealed With Love


As I continue sharing the many creative options you have with sets that our retiring, I thought I'd play with Sealed With Love.  I got the idea when I spotted THIS Valentine card on Pinterest. At first, I thought I was seeing a Christmas card. When I realized Mona from CupcakesCreations had made a Valentine, I thought - why not Christmas?  A Christmas card on a Christmas card. And so the creativity began.

NOTE: Sharon kindly brought it to my attention I'd not said WHERE I got the envelope from.  The envelope used on all of the cards is a die that is part of the Framelits set that coordinates with the Sealed With Love. Unfortunately, the dies are already gone! A perfect example of once something hits the retired list, you have to act fast!


I started with Sealed With Love then brought in sentiments from Oh What Fun and Merriest Wishes(Both from the Holiday 2016 catalog). I also used the bow from Wonderous Wreath. (Retiring this year!)

Then I pulled various Christmas DSP. I'll pinpoint which DSP I used under each card as I go. 

CARD #1:



Home for Christmas DSP ( Holiday 2015)
I used a Garden Green card base. The DSP is cut 4" x 5
The snowflake border is punched from the Martha Steward Snowflake punch. I didn't realize until I'd done this I wasn't using an SU punch.  Any snowflake die/ punch will work. The sentiment is from Merriest Wishes and the Emerald Ribbon (Retiring) 

CARD #2:


This one is my husband's favorite. 

Whisper White base run through the Cable Knit Embossing folder.
The DSP is from Christmas Cocoa (2014?)
I put the band of Whisper White ribbon then tied a bow using both Whisper White and Real Red. 
Sentiment: Merriest Wishes


CARD #3:


For this one, I did the Letter Press effect by brushing the top inside of the Wood Grain  embossing folder (retiring)  with Tip Top Taupe. The mat and the ink is Emerald Envy. I've used red foil from my stash for the 'ribbon' and bow. The bow is cut from Wonderous Wreath and I've added a Basic Rhinestone (retiring) 
Sentiment: Merriest Wishes


CARD #4:


This card uses Candy Cane Lane DSP. The circle beneath the sentiment is cut from Real Red and the sentiment is from Wonderous Wreath.

I've used a Basic Black base topped with Candy Cane Lane 4 x 5.25"

The banners are as follows:


The banners on the left are cut from black and the ones on the right are cut from the DSP.

I layered them together as a unit before adhering to the card front as follows:




CARD #5


This card uses the same dimensions as the banner card above. The only difference is the mats are not notched into banners. They are left as standard rectangles but the sizes are the same.

One envelope from a Valentine stamp set sending holiday greetings. 
Other than Valentine's, how would you use Sealed With Love? Remember to link the comments section below so I can see your creativity.

Creative Blessings
Kelly 










2 comments:

  1. Love all your cards! How did you make the little envelope?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon.. I guess I skipped that part, eh?LOL The little envelope is a die that coordinates with the Sealed With Love set. Thanks for asking!

      Delete