Friday, April 7, 2017

FAB FIVE FRIDAY - Basket Bunch


Basket Bunch Bundle - 144731G
Occasions 2017

This week I'm spotlighting the Basket Bunch Bundle. I do have a confession though. By almost midnight last night I had nothing left in me to create so there are FAB FOUR cards this week. I did have another project I wanted to do but the Easter decor piece was too involved for that late at night. However, on the flip side, I'm going to show you a tip for using your polymer stamps.  Let's get started!

While I'm not showcasing all of these colors in this post, I kind of went a little crazy choosing colors. The cool thing is that these colors not only work for Easter, but for May Day as well.


In no particular order:
Pear Pizzaz, Pink Pirouette, Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, Cajun Craze

So why all the little cubes? Well, I got the idea for this project from watching Maria Kandylas on YouTube. Her baskets are adorable! You can put your style spin on this basic little basket. I chose three colors to with today, but the others will show up in a May Day post coming soon!

These cubes are created from a 3.5" piece of card stock, scored on all four sides at the 1-1/8 mark. When you've finished scoring you'll have a 9-block grid, similar to a tic-tac-toe board.

Here are the three variations I made:


Pear Pizzaz, Pink Pirouette, Crumb Cake

And a close-up of each one:


With three Easter Hershey miniatures


mini chocolate eggs and what appears to be a chocolate bunny (but is actually the die-cut from the set) I'm not sure what happened to his face unless it was something on my work surface. 


Here I've stuck the handles together at the top center with a glue dot.

The grass is cut with the die then cut apart so the bunny can be tucked in. I've also inserted a piece on the inside back of the basket for a bit of filler.

Next, is a cute treat bag using our 2x8" cello bags:


I used Whisper White and the #2 and #3 (from the outside in) of the Stitched Framelit Circles (#145372) and the Swirly Scribbles thinlits ( #141497) to create the topper.

Cut 1" off the top of the cello bag (#141703). Put 4 Hershey miniatures in (they 'just' fit) then add a bit of adhesive to the inside edge of the opening to close. 

Fold the top of the bag over approx. 1" and seal with adhesive.

Run a strip of adhesive across the width of the top back of the cello bag and adhere the large white circle with the face of the stitched framelit facing down (this allows the 'pretty' side to show on the front. 

Turn the bag right side up and adhere the Swirly Scribble (I used Wisteria Wonder) to the white base (see the above step). I just used a bit of the tape runner to strategically place adhesive on the solid bits of the swirl.

Stamp your sentiment onto the smaller stitched framelit circle and adhere to the center of the Swirly Scribble. 

Positively adorable!

Okay.. a couple of cards.  I found both of these on Pinterest.

The first one comes from HERE. I'm not sure the link to the 'creator' is correct. More promo and less craft, sadly. So if you know who did make the original card, please let me know so that I can give credit.



The basket is stamped/ cut from Daffodil Delight. I used garden green for the grass and Perfect Plum for the sentiment. The flowers are stamped/ cut from Pink Pirouette, Pacific Point, Mint Macaron, Perfect Plum (on Wisteria Wonder).  The eggs are Perfect Plum, Pink Pirouette, Marina Mist, Soft Sky. I've used the smallest pearls from our Pearl Basic Jewels (# 119247).

And finally, my last card for this week:

This card can be found on my Pinterest Board HERE and is a case from Melissa Davies at RubberFUNatics.


I did change the card up a bit. I stamped the Delicate Details stamps on a Wisteria Wonder mat placed on a Whisper White card base. I stamped the trims in White Stamping Embossing Powder (# 109132) All of the images are stamped in Memento Black on Whisper White cardstock. I colored the bunny's ears in with Melon Mambo and his tie in Dapper Denim. Then added a Rhinestone Basic Jewels (# 119246)  The flower is watercolored with Daffodil Delight and the stems in Garden Green. Since there isn't a Garden Green in our watercolor pencils, I brushed them with the marker then washed them out a bit with the water pen.

Here's how the grass and flower are put together from the back:


For the sentiment, I used the Banner Punch to mat the sentiment.

The GREAT thing about Polymer stamps is they are flexible, allowing you to take a 'straight' stamp and curve it to fit your design.

Here, I've punched out a template with the Banner Punch (#  and adhered it to my acrylic block:


Then I placed my sentiment stamp inside the opening of the one I wanted to use, curving the stamp to fit inside the opening. I inked the stamp in Perfect Plum and stamped onto my banner mat, lining up the mat with the opening I'd punched it from:













No comments:

Post a Comment