Thursday, April 20, 2017

BLAST FROM THE PAST - Nature Walk



NATURE WALK
Occasions 2011

This week I thought I'd pull out a stamp set I'd not used yet. Yes, I bought this from the Occasions 2011 catalog with the intention of using the images for mixed media projects. Wanting to use this set for a card this week, I turned to the Nature Walk gallery at Splitcoaststampers for inspiration. I saved several to my Favorites... then wound up going my own direction.



I added Kindness Matters to bring in the sentiment. I'm using this card to mail a check to my bank in IL. I always tuck my deposit in a card. Looking through the gallery, it appears as if this set might also have released in 2011. 


Botanical Gazette was the DSP released to coordinate with the set. Two of the matching cardstock colors were Old Olive and So Saffron. I also used a small piece of Vellum and the Label Punch (retiring)

I used the punch to cut a 1/2 label from So Saffron:


Rather than use the whole shape, I punched just beyond the 1/2 way point. Then used the center points as my placement guide below a strip of the DSP.


I used an Old Olive base topped with a 4 x 5.25" piece of the DSP.  Using the hexagon embossing folder, I used the letterpress technique by swiping the inside back of the folder with So Saffron ink. When I embossed the piece of cardstock, this gave me the look of honey being inside the comb. 

I stamped the bee on a piece of Very Vanilla then again on a piece of Vellum using Memento Black. I cut each one out then layered the vellum bee over the vanilla image. I fluffed the vellum wings up a bit for flight then popped the entire 2 layers with a dimensional.

Is there a stamp set you bought but haven't used yet? 
Most Stampin' UP! sets are listed in the Splitcoast gallery. Go HERE  then look for your stamp set by name under the correct letter.... ie both of these sets were under the Stampin' UP! Sets K-N.

Remember, I'd love to see your cards Just link me in the comments section below. 

Fab Five is ready to roll tomorrow!
Creative Blessings!
Kelly






No comments:

Post a Comment