Friday, March 31, 2017

FAB FIVE FRIDAY - Dragonfly Dreams

Today, I'm kicking of FAB FIVE FRIDAY!
Fab Five Friday is about taking ONE stamp set and making FIVE cards. These are great for resupplying your stash of cards or getting a jump on an all- occasion set.

The ONLY Exception to Fab Five is that you may use any other stamps to add your own personality to the cards. The Fab Five stamp set is a FOCAL set.

With that in mind, here is our Focal Stamp Set/ Bundle for this week.


DRAGONFLY DREAMS - 144728

Today is your last opportunity to order from the Spring Occasions 2017 Catalog.  

With that in mind, I wanted to take one last opportunity to entice you with one of my favorite bundles from the catalog.  DRAGONFLY DREAMS! This set has so many possibilities. I've used the 'Enjoy Your Special Day!' sentiment from the set as I have a lot of birthdays coming up. 

Taking one set is what FAB FIVE FRIDAY is all about! Five ways to use one stamp set or bundle. 

My inspiration for today's first Fab Five Friday post came from a YouTube video by Barb Stamps. Barb showcased OVER 40 different cards from her swap group on using this set. I chose five of my favorites to CAS and switch up a bit. So let's get started!

NOTE: All card bases are 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"

Card #1 - 


Color My World

For this card I used Pacific Point CS/ Ink and the DSP INSIDE THE LINES from the SAB catalog. I added a scattering of color using the Watercolor Pencils.

I die cut the dragonflies in flight from Pacific Point  (111350) as well as the 2-3/4" x 3-1/4" mat. The sentiment is stamped in Pacific Point ink (126951).

Card #2 -


Falling In Love

For this card, I chose Lost Lagoon  (Mint Macaron 138337 would make a good substitute)  and Night of Navy (100867) and a sheet of DSP from Falling In Love (142788)

The base is Lost Lagoon. Cut a piece of Falling In Love at 2-1/2 x 5 -1/2. I was careful to position the paper so to get a prominent section of all the flowers/ stems from the sheet. The Night of Navy pieces on either side are 1-1/2" x 5 -1/2". If you watch Barb's video you will note the card she showed used glitter paper where I've used the Night of Navy.

The sentiment banner base is 2-3/4" x 1" then notched. the sentiment mat is cut from Very Vanilla (101650) at 3/4" x 2-3/8"


Card #3:


Watercolor Wonder

This was my husband's favorite. 
The base is Blushing Bride CS (131198). The Basic Black (121045) mat is cut at 4" x 5-1/4". The Whisper White (100730) is cut at 3-3/4" x 5"

I didn't use any rhyme or reason for the coloring. I used the Watercolor Pencils (141709) in Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight and Melon Mambo to scribble off patches of color then went back over them with the Aqua Painter (103954) to blend them out. I got the Daffodil Delight spot a little to wet so it didn't take the color from the stamped image very well, but gave the wing a bit of dimension.  The dragonflies are stamped in Rich Razzleberry. I stamped the one in the bottom with a full ink and the one at the top is ghost stamped. 

The sentiment mat is 2-3/4" x 1" in Blushing Bride and the sentiment mat is from Whisper White at 3/4" x 2-1/4"  I added Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246) 


Card # 4:


Leaves In Flight

My base for this one is embossed with a Sizzix Branches and Leaves folder on Pistachio Pudding (Pear Pizzaz 131201 would be an awesome substitute)  The Whisper White mat is cut at 3-1/4" x 4"

The sentiment is stamped in Flirty Flamingo (141397). 
This card has a bit of  'order' to it. 

Step 1 - Stamp the dots from the bundle in Pink Pirouette in the bottom corner. This helps with placement of the Dragonfly. 

Step 2 - Stamp the Dragonfly directly on the card in Flirty Flamingo

Step 3 - Stamp the Dragonfly on Vellum (101856) using Pink Pirouette (126956)  then coat with Clear Embossing Powder (109130) and heat set.  Once the embossing powder is heat set and no longer tacky, die cut with the lacy wing die.

Step 4 - Apply adhesive to just the body portion of the vellum dragonfly and adhere on top of the stamped dragonfly on the card base. 

Step 5 - Cut one of the Lace Doilies (142793)  in half and adhere to the bottom edge of the mat from the back so that the white side of the doily shows on the front. Adhere the completed mat to the card base.


And finally - Card #5:


Honey Pot

I stepped away from the dragonflies to showcase the bee on this one. 
The card base is So Saffron (105118)

The Chocolate Chip (102128) mat is 4" x 5-14".

The Very Vanilla (101650) mat is cut at 3-3/4" x 5" 

Ink up the side of the Woodgrain Textured Embossing Folder (127821) with Chocolate Chip Ink (126979) then place the Very Vanilla mat inside and run through the Big Shot. Layer your mats together - Base, Chocolate Chip, Embossed Very Vanilla.

Die Cut the small jar from Vellum then ink. Stamp the outline and color the back side with So Saffron. Add 'Honey' with a black Perma pen. 

I cut three butterflies (Jar of Cheer set) from So Saffron then nipped off the heads and layered the pieces along the edge of the jar for honey drips. 

The circle in the center is die cut from Baked Brown Sugar (Crumb Cake 120953 would also work) with one of the ornament dies from Merriest Wishes (Holiday catalog) I use this a lot but I'll be adding circle dies to my supplies very soon.   

Finally, since I don't have the honeycomb folder yet (ordering today), I used a piece of yellow contractor's drywall tape from my stash.

And there you have Five Fabulous cards from one stamp set. The only exceptions are where I used other pieces for accent. These additions are part of adding your own personality to the cards.  

Next week we will get ready for Easter with the BASKET BUNCH Bundle


  







No comments:

Post a Comment