Tuesday, January 17, 2017

SYMPATHY - Gift of Love


GIFT OF LOVE is a Hostess Only set. If you want a stamp set that offers a lot of versatility, this is perfect! Host a class with a minimum of $150 in sales and this stamp is yours FREE with Hostess Rewards - PLUS you have the option of choosing at least 1 item from the Sale A Brations catalog when your personal order is at least $50. 

I wanted to post the new Paper Pumpkin today but due to Martin Luther King, Jr observation yesterday, no mail. Unfortunately, I'm able to fill the post with a Sympathy card. A sweet lady from one of my writing groups lost her battle with pancreatic cancer last weekend. LeeAnn was an amazing poet, writer in general and photography - winning many awards in all three categories over the course of her life. Petite, soft spoken, intelligent and always impeccably dressed. . She will be missed.

I made this card for her partner, Larry. I do not think they ever married but were a couple for at least the twenty-five years I've known them:


SIZE: A2 - 4.25/5.5
BASE: Mint Macron
MAT: Very Vanilla 
INK: Mint Macron
Other Stamps: Sealed with Love, Thoughts and Prayers
EMBELLISHMENTS: Medium Pearls

I stamped the flower outline with Mint Macron. Then I 'ghost-stamped' the filler with Mint Macron as well.  The background for the sentiment is ghost-stamped from Gift of Love.

I added my favorite sentiment from Thoughts and Prayers to the inside as well as repeated the floral image:



2 comments:

  1. Kelly, that is such a neat idea to use that stamp set on both the outside and inside of the card. I really like this. Can you believe, I think I have that set, but not sure? Maybe Carolyn has it. One us does. LOL Anyway, whoever has it, I am going to CASE this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have that set! Yay! I am going to CASE your card!

    ReplyDelete