Thursday, January 19, 2017

PAPER PUMPKIN - January - As Is & Twist


My box did not arrive until yesterday so I'm showing you the As Is and the With A Twist both today!
Why?

Because beginning tomorrow, I have my first card series - 14 Days of Love!
Here we go..

First off, here is what you can make with the January Paper Pumpkin Kit:


This are absolutely perfect for my grandaughters. I've dropped a couple of Dove chocolate hearts in each bag.

As you'll see in the video from Stampin' Up! below, the wooden sticks come to a point on one end. Maybe I'm just paranoid but I wasn't comfortable with sending a pointed stick to my girls. I snipped the point off each of the sticks with a pair of wire cutters before assembling them.
I also chose not to put the gold thread on these - because I was crunching for time if they were going up today! LOL 

The box comes with a Calypso Coral ink spot. But when I looked at the velum banner, I saw Blushing Bride.  I used Melon Mambo to stamp Adrian's and Blushing Bride for Abigail's.

Here's the video from Stampin' Up!




I also found it difficult, because of the lighting over my table that I'm still trying to perfect, that I couldn't get the heart images centered on the heart die-cut. So I inked up the stamp, then placed the die-cut on the stamp to imprint the image:


Now for the Twist:


I knew I wanted to make a card using the banners. But it wasn't until I watched a video by 
SuNN Stampin' that I learned a trick...

By burnishing the backside of the box die-cut, you can smooth out the score marks and have a solid piece of DSP to use as a mat! Also check out her video at about 6:22 to see how she uses the die-cut hearts to create a creative background.
Now... with that background in mind, did you know that you can put those on a card, place another mat on top and run through your Big Shot to get an embossing folder effect? (That's my tip!)

I used the Curly Label punch and Blushing Bride cardstock to create the sentiment mat. Then I used a piece of Whisper White and the same punch to create the top layer. I will be showing this technique on one of the 14 Days of Love series cards so stay tuned!

TIP!
When adhering the velum banner... place your glue dots on the pink stripe and they won't show through on the front!

Do you subscribe to Paper Pumpkin?
If so, then please link me to what you come up with. I'd love to see!
If not - Why not? 

Paper Pumpkin is like getting a birthday present in your mail box every month!
And during Sale A Bration is the perfect time to subscribe.


Get a 3-month Paper Pumpkin subscription for just $55 USD/$74 CAD and instantly qualify for a FREE Sale-A-Bration item!
Now is the best time to skip to the fun with us!
We've discounted the 3-month Subscription to make it even easier for you to qualify 
for a Sale-A-Bration item
just click on the Sale-A-Bration button with the Paper Pumpkin logo on my sidebar to be taken to the on-line store. 

AND
When you subscribe to Paper Pumpkin, I will send you an alternate FREE ribbon to use with your first kit!

So..
What are you waiting for? Come join the FUN!

I'll see you tomorrow with our first 14 Days of Love card



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful treat bags and card. You always do great things for your granddaughters at Valentines. Love that gold foil heart paper.

    ReplyDelete