Friday, January 20, 2017

14 DAYS OF LOVE - #1


Welcome to my first series, 14 Days of Love! For this series, I will be using the following:


From the Occasions Catalog
Sealed With Love Stamp Set - 142815 - $21.00
Coordinating Love Notes Framelits Dies - 142752 - $30.00
BUNDLE ALERT!
Sealed With Love Bundle - 144705 - $45.75
Save 10%!

Cardstock:

Whisper White - 100730 - $9.00 (40 sheets)
Soft Sky - 131203 - $8.00 (8.5x11 - 24 sheets)
Blushing Bride - 131198 - $8.00 (8.5x11 - 24 sheets)

From the Occasions Catalog:
Real Red - 141982 - $11.00 (12x12)
Sending Love Designer Series Paper - $10.00 (6x6)

If you need assistance in placing an order for the products I use in this series, please send me a note using the contact form in my sidebar.
You can click on any of the catalog buttons to be taken to my on-line store. Just input me as your demonstrator.

Items for this series are part of my January Customer Special. Receive BONUS Free Products when you place an order for these items.

Here's Card #1:

Card Dimensions: 4.25x5.5 (A2)

Whisper White Card Base.
Fold the card closed
From the right side of the card front, cut off 1"
Open the card back up and position the heart die from the framelits set:

Note: The red card stock is in place right now to show the contrast of the edge. 
Placing the die as it is show in the picture is very important.
Ask me how I know? LOL

I found it easier to keep the die in place if I placed a couple of pieces of washi on the framelit edge and adhering to the die cutting plate (yes I have a magnetic platform but this will help keep the paper in place without the chance of tearing your card base when you remove the tape.

Once you have the edge of the card from die-cut, use your fingers to gently pop up the hearts. 

Cut a piece of Real Red cardstrock 4.25x5.5
adhere to the inside back of your front cover. 

NOTE: 
As an alternative... you could choose not to trim off the 1" from the card front or add the red.
Die cut the original edge of your card front - giving you an all white card. 

FOR THE ENVELOPE MAT

Cut a square of Real Red - 2.25" square
Cut a square of Designer Series Paper from the Sending Love DSP paper pack - 2" square
I chose the heart chain pattern to coordinate with the framelit border running 'down' the right side of the card and the heart chain on the note card.
Adhere these two together. 

From Soft Sky, cut the Envelope from the framelits set
From Whisper White, cut the scallop notecard.
The framelits die creates your score lines. Fold the envelope on the score lines
I added a red heart using a punch from my stash.

Using the mini heart chain from the stamp set, stamp them at the top of the notecard
COOL FEATURE:
The heart chain is spaced perfectly to line up with the scallop edge of the notecard!

I never saw the point of using the grid paper pad
130148 - $11.00
But I'm finding the grid paper useful for lining up my stamp on the acrylic block so that I know the stamp is straight before stamping onto  my cardstock 
(also great for adding a curvature to your photopolymer stamp)


Stamp 'a teeny tiny note' in Real Red on the notecard and tuck into the envelope just enough to secure. You can add a glue dot to the back if you would like.
Then glue the envelope at an angle to the mat.
Come down 1/2" from the top and adhere the completed mat.

Using Real Red, stamp Sending Love in the bottom right - lining up with the bottom heart. 

Reminder of Finished Valentine


Here's a sneak peek at Card #2 tomorrow!










1 comment:

  1. Kelly, this card is so adorable! I love the heart boarder and the little envelope on here!

    ReplyDelete