Tuesday, October 4, 2016

PUTTIN' ON THE RITZ - Christmas Ornaments


At least once a month I'll feature a Puttin' On the Ritz themed project. With Christmas less than three months away, whether we want to or not, it is time to start thinking about mailing Christmas cards. These little ornaments are perfect to slip into a card.

I used:
Merry Tags Framelit dies (Holiday catty pg. 21 - #141835)
Dazzling Diamonds glitter cardstock (pg. 175 - #135315
Night of Navy cardstock (pg. 170 - #100867)

The silver chord is a past SU product. A current choice might be
Night of Navy Bakers Twine (pg. 179 - #141684)

TIP:
When tying the bow at the top of the ornament, here's what I did:


I measured off a lenght of chord for the ornament and threaded it through the top of the die then tied the ends together. Two things came to mind.
1- I didn't want the thread moving around
2 - Just needed a little something at the top. 


To remedy both issues, I taped the ornament to the table with painter's tape then ran a length of chord about 3-4" is plenty under the hanger chord at the top of the framelit and tied a bow. I could not have managed this step without either an extra pair of hands or my trusty painter's tape. 

I look forward to making up a few more of these to include in my Christmas cards. I'd love to see what you come up with. Tag me on Instagram (kellyscountry) or in the comments below so I can be inspired by you!

Creative Blessings!
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment