Saturday, October 1, 2016

PINTEREST CASE - Happy Halloween!

NOTE: Sometimes the PINTEREST CASE will be strictly SU, other times, they will be all SU products but inspired by one of the many SKETCHES I have on my board.

Okay, I know we're a bit early for the ghosts and goblins, but with my grandgirls 2000 miles away, I need to make sure their 'boo' arrives in time.

I was inspired by THIS sketch from Studio Calico.

Card sketch @studio_calico:

TIP:
What if you do not have the Layering Circles Framelits? (Catty page 193 Item #141705)
I do not have them (Yet) so I improvised by using the Merry Tags Framelits Dies (Holiday mini page 21 - Item #141835)

I did 2 cards, 1 using Elegant Eggplant and the other using Old Olive. Here is how I cut the circles from the framelits set:


Notice the top of the ornament circle hangs off the edge of the cardstock, giving me a perfect circle. If there was any remnant of the ornament cap left after dicutting, the little bit trimmed off easily with a pair of scissors.

Once the circles were cut from each of the two colors, here are the cards I came up with:




For both cards, I used Designer Series Paper from the Halloween Nights DSP (Holiday Mini page 51 Item #142022) and the Spooky Fun stamp set (Holiday Mini page 52 Item #142236

Once I determined the placement of the circles, I measured down from the top and made a little tic mark. Then, using a black PermaPen and a ruler, I drew a line down from the top. The tick mark is then hidden by the circle.  

From Left to Right - measure down:
1-1/2", 2-1/2", 1"

The sentiment strip is cut from Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Item #105117) 3 -1/4" x 3/4"

The two smaller bats are stamped from the medium bat image in Spooky Fun. The larger bat was more of an experiement. On the first card, I tried stamping the image, but the larger bat is simply an outline and I didn't want a white bat, so I colored him in with black perma marker.  When, I made the second card, I went straight to black cardstock (Item #121045) and didn't stamp him at all. For both, I used the die template that matches the larger bat stamp then raised him up with dimensionals.

I can't wait to pop these in the mail to my 'cupcake' and 'tootsie pop' along with something from the September Paper Pumpkin I'll be showing you on Tuesday!

Creative Blessings! ~Kelly







No comments:

Post a Comment