Thursday, October 6, 2016

PAPER PUMPKIN - September - Twist!

Welcome back!
Here's a quick reminder of what is in the September 2016 Paper Pumpkin. 


I love Autumn and Halloween is my favorite holiday - or maybe runs a very close first to Christmas. But there is something about fall that just gets me going. I 'fall' clean and the 'nesting' harmone comes to a boil as I prepare for winter. 

First off, I have to warn you. This is NOT a total Twist. Though I did use other items besides what was in the kit.



Next, I went with the sunflower and made a card. I use cards when I send bank deposits to my bank out of state. I try to send happy mail whenever possible. I will say, I went off-grid with ink on this card. Sunflowers stamped in Old Olive just didn't seem 'natural'.

I used a 4.25x5.5 card base in Crushed Curry with an Early Espresso mat. I used the sunflower stamp from the kit and crushed curry to create a background.  I used Early Espresso for the centers and for stamping the sentiment on one of the tags from the kit.  The banner strips are from the kit. The one on the left is matted with Elegant Eggplant to bring in that third pop of color I try to add in each design. The one on the right is matted with Crushed Curry.  I added the Halloween Night Enamel Dots for texture.  The band under the tag is cut from Early Espresso. Once the card was put together, I brushed Wink of Stella over the flower centers.

Products Used
     Paper Pumpkin - September 2016

    Cardstock:
         Crushed Curry - #131199
         Early Espresso - 119686
         Elegant Eggplant - 105126
         Whisper White - 100730

     Ink:
         Crushed Curry - 131173
         Early Espresso - 126974
         Wink of Stella Pen - 141897 (Clear)

    Embellishments:
        Halloween Nights Enamel Dots - 142025 (Holiday Mini)
        Yellow Thread - Paper Pumpkin May 201

Is Autumn your favorite season? Please share your thoughts by leaving a comment below.
Creative Blessings! ~Kelly
        






No comments:

Post a Comment