Thursday, October 27, 2016

PAPER PUMPKIN - October - Twist It!


On Tuesday, I promised to show you something cool to do with the scraps. I got the tip from Danica Ferrante  aka Beautyscraps on YouTube. Neither of us like to waste anything and I love how she created a 4-pane window from the negative the colored squares were punched out of. They were a strip of 8 for each color. 

We cut them in have so we had a 4-square pane and a 2-square pane with 'legs'. I cut the legs off, giving me a 2-square grid. I wound up cutting those apart to where I was only left with 1 solid square. You'll see that one in a bit as well. In the mean time, here's Danica's 'twist' video. You'll find the window page idea at about 6:52.



And here are my cards in variations:


For this one, I followed Danica's color tones using the Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla. The only thing I incorporated was using the green thread from the October kit and wrapping around a strip of the Burlap ribbon from the August Kit. I really love the Burlap Ribbon.


I love the jack - o - lanterns in the window! I used the 2-step stamp from the September kit as well as the sentiment. The flowers in the upper left window are from the August kit. For a bit of filler, I ran a piece of washi tape from the July kit. The colors pair well from all three third-quarter kits.


For my last window-pane card, I chose to stamp over the textured leaves with the crackle finish stamp to give them a dried leaf look. The sentiment is from the August kit.

Remember when I mentioned those three loose squares from the trimmings. Here they are:


And lastly, I used their leaf punch-out negative and placed one of each color of the squares, stamped with the crackle finish in Chocolate Chip, behind. That is matted on Pumpkin Pie then on the Crumb Cake base. The sentiment is from the September kit:


Here's a complete list of the colors used:
    Ink
        Crumb Cake - Item # 126975
        Cajun Craze - Item # 126965
        Chocolate Chip - Item # 126979
        Old Olive - I # 126953
        Delightful Dijon - Item # 138327
        Pumpkin Pie - Item # 126945

    Cardstock
        Very Vanilla - Item # 101650
         Crumb Cake (bases included in kit)
         Chocolate Chip - Item # 102128
         Pumpkin Pie - Item # 105117

If you are not a Pumpkin Pie subscriber, I suggest you give yourself a treat! A surprise box comes to your door every month for $19.95 + tax. There are usually enough pieces in the box to make at least EIGHT projects. Then there are leftovers you can include with other items you have on hand to create your own projects. 

If I can be of any assistance, please fill out the contact form on my sidebar. I'm here to help.
Creative Blessings!
Kelly


    





2 comments:

  1. Nice twist! I love how you used the leaf punch out negative! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. Would love to take credit but they came in the kit that way! well.. had to punch the leaves out but the design was all theirs. Goes to show nothing is wasted :-) Creative Blessings!

      Delete