Tuesday, October 25, 2016

PAPER PUMPKIN - October - As Is




Since Autumn is my favorite time of the year, the October Paper Pumpkin really spoke to me. I loved the colors, the leaves, the sequins. Check out this cable-stitch pattern in Pumpkin Pie lining the envelope is fabulous!


Here's the kit all lain out. See those colored squares? They (as well as the banners, labels and leaves) were all punch outs. On Thursday, I'll show you something I did with the negative leftovers.



And here's a close-up of the stamp set:


Here's the SU Paper Pumpkin video to ignite your creativity:



And here are the cards I made:




I followed the instructions for cards one & two. The third one I plaid with.

I used the Crumb Cake base included in the kit and did a 2-step stamping of the background.


I randomly stamped the acorn image first in Crumb Cake. Then I inked up just the 'cap' of the acorn in chocolate chip and stamped over top of each image. I'd like to make this background again but maybe emboss the caps to give them a bit more pop.

Thursday, I'll show you several different twists on incorporating past Paper Pumpkin items into this one for some super cute cards.

Here's a complete list of the colors used:
    Ink
        Crumb Cake - Item # 126975
        Cajun Craze - Item # 126965
        Chocolate Chip - Item # 126979
        Old Olive - I # 126953
        Delightful Dijon - Item # 138327
        Pumpkin Pie - Item # 126945

    Cardstock
        Very Vanilla - Item # 101650
         Crumb Cake (bases included in kit)
         Chocolate Chip - Item # 102128
         Pumpkin Pie - Item # 105117

If you are not a Pumpkin Pie subscriber, I suggest you give yourself a treat! A surprise box comes to your door every month for $19.95 + tax. There are usually enough pieces in the box to make at least EIGHT projects. Then there are leftovers you can include with other items you have on hand to create your own projects. 

If I can be of any assistance, please fill out the contact form on my sidebar. I'm here to help.
Creative Blessings!
Kelly




No comments:

Post a Comment