Wednesday, September 28, 2016

ORGANIZATION - Do I Have That Paper?

How many times have you seen a project you wanted to make and wondered, 'Do I have that paper?'

I spend a couple hours each morning snuggled in the recliner with a cup of cocoa, my laptop and at least one cat.  A couple of weeks ago I came across THIS video by Angie Kennedy Juda, a Stampin' Up demonstrator with her blog, mychicnscratch

Angie creates a Designer Series Paper chart so that she has a representation of each design at her fingertips.  What a cool idea! However, I had to switch things up a bit. So for my birthday on the 26th, I spent all day in my studio creating my own Tickler Binder.  I cataloged all 26 packets of DSP (both past and present papers) that I have.




This is one of the many Christmas DSP packs that I have. I used Baseball Card page protectors. Each contains nine pockets. I cut white cards stock 2.5x3.5 to fit each pocket. This allowed me to put samples on both sides of the pockets. 

The top left pocket is an ID card. I used my P-Touch labeler to print out the name of the DSP pack. I then wrote in which catalog the slab came from. This allows me to look back at Stampin' Up's suggestions for using the papers. 

I cut a 2.25x3.25 sample of each sheet. Then I cut the sample at the horizontal 1-5/8 mark. flipped one 1/2 over and adhered them together - this shows the front and the back of each sheet. 

One thing to keep in mind. Some papers have a definitive directional pattern such as the Christmas trees in the picture above. Pay attention to the pattern and if you want something to be vertical, cut that at the 2.25 FIRST, then flip and cut off your 3.25 length.


In current catalogs, Stampin' Up often offers coordinating card stock packs as an add-on purchase. In past catalogs, they simply printed a list of the cardstock colors that matched. So I went through every one and cut color samples in 1" x 2.5". Then I layered them with  adhesive, allowing just enough of the color to show... labeling each strip with its color name.

When I'd finished all 26 packs, I decided this was also a great place to keep samples of all the current CS colors, too.


Whether you are just starting out or have been collecting for years, this is a great way to put inspiration at your finger tips!
Creative Blessings! ~Kelly

2 comments:

  1. I thought this was a great idea, Kelly. I love that you had baseball card pockets for yours, and that you included the solid cardstock that matches it. That is always my problem! I have to investigate, look in old catalogs to see what cs matched! I would like to do this. Good post. I hope you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete