I had so much fun playing with the components of the Paper Pumpkin box this morning. All of the items I'm going to show you only took about 90 minutes to make.
For the cards, I stuck with items in the kit with the exception of this first card where I added white bakers twine from a previous kit.
After watching a video by I knew I wanted to make use of the cellophane bags in the box. So I started with the spider web. I was inspired by the following video from Crafty Cat.
Rather than create a window as Cat did, I chose to use the bag as a layer. I cut the bottom of the bag then along the fold lines, opening the bag to a flat surface. To get the fold lines out, I pressed the sheet with a low temp iron between a folded white dish towel.
Pressing in between a folded dish towel prevented the heat from melting the cellophane.
You can't stamp on the cellophane so I positioned the sheet over a 4" x 5.25" of Whisper White. I did not adhere it yet. I just positioned my finger on the cellophane just below where I wanted a spider, pulled the sheet back and stamped the spider where I wanted it. I did that will the larger spider stamp in several places. Then I removed the cellophane sheet and randomly stamped the mini spider image in some of the white space between the larger ones. When finished stamping, I used mini glue dots to adhere the sheet into place. some of the glue dots were placed directly in the back of the center of a web image to help camouflage them.
Next I cut a piece of Gorgeous Grape 1.25" x 4" and a piece of Basic Black 1" x 4" and glued them together. Then I wrapped them with the white bakers twine in kind of a criss-cross fashion.. Think mummy wrap.
The white strip to hold the EEEEK sticker from the kit is 4" x 1/2'. I stamped the larger spider on either end in the Basic Gray from the kit then centered the strip on the wrapped mat using dimensionals.
To assemble the card, glue the cellophane-covered mat on a Basic Black card base. Then add the Eeek strip.
Next, I grabbed a ghost (do you know how hard they are to catch?!)
I used the same technique to flatten the bag except I ironed between waxed paper. When I did, the right side of the bag transferred to the waxed paper. A happy accident, I chose to use the transfer as my base. As you'll see below there is a slight tear but I wasn't concerned as I knew if I positioned the tear properly, I could cover that up.
I used my ATG gun to run a boarder around the edge of the transfer and glue to a 4" x 5.25" Gorgeous Grape then trimmed off the excess.
I cut one of the tags from the kit just below the fold line and glued to the mat, covering that tear. Next I wrapped the mat twice with the bakers twine then tied a small piece around them up near the tag for a little more texture. One of the ghosts from the kit is adhered with dimensionals.
The Spooky mat was cut from Mango Melody to accommodate the size of the sticker and adhered to Whisper White 1/8" wider. To complete, I put the mat on Mango Melody card base and added 3 self adhesive sequins in Pumpkin Pie.
For my final card, I cut a panel from the striped cellophane bag then cut a banner tail in the bottom. To get the points exact, I put a glue dot where one of the points would be then folded the cellophane in 1/2. The glue dot is enough to hold it in place to give you a clean, accurate cut.
I used glue dots to adhere to a Mango Melody 4" x 5.25" mat. The pumpkin is layered with dimensionals on one of the tags from the kit. To carry the white on orange of the tag, I stamped the sentiment on a piece of whisper white card stock then layered on a scrap of Mango Melody. I wrapped the mat twice with the bakers twine then used a small piece, again for texture. The sentiment banner is adhered with dimensionals. I added 3 self-adhesive sequins for balance. Everything is on a Basic Black card base.
Finally, the tag. This is one of my favorites:
For the tag, I pulled out the dies/ stamps/ DSP from Toil & Trouble. I began with a 3" x 6" tag base and scraps from the DSP. I covered the front with the larges scrap I had of the green then finished off with the Gorgeous Grape/ Highland Heather stripe.
Using dies from the bundle, I cut a witch, 2 frogs, the cat and the cauldron. I stamped the broom twice using Early Espresso (broom shaft) Crushed Curry (broom straw). I cut the broom straw section off one of the broom images and layered that over top of the full broom with a mini dimensional.
The witch is attached with a mish mash of mini dimensionals:
I stamped and cut 2 of the frogs. one is attached with a glue dot and the other with a mini dimensional.
For the cauldron, I used dimensionals but left a spot so that the image would lay smooth over the bakers twine.
I punched a hole in the center of the end of the tag. From the bakers twine, I cut 6' then folded it in 1/2 then again 2 more times. I drew this through the hole then tied them together with a piece of bakers twine to secure. The cauldron image is placed to camouflage the hole.
Here's the back:
I used part of a tag from the kit and the sticker. The hat is cut from the DSP and adhered with dimensionals.
The idea behind this tag is to use as an accessory in the October Daily album. I'll be recording the 'PAGE' video this afternoon and showing where the tag will be used. As soon as the video is successfully uploaded to YouTube I'll be placing the video in a post.
While we're in a Spooky frame of mind, my Toil & Trouble Special is on-going through October 27th.
# # # # # #
I have an AMAZING Offer for you!
When you order the Toil & Trouble Bundle
and select me as your demonstrator
using the Hostess Code
I will send you the following as a Thank You gift:
3' Glitter Ribbon
2 - 4"x6" of each sheet of the DSP
2 - 4"x6" each color coordianting Cardstock
1 - 4" x 6" Black Foil Sheet
2- Spider Charms
13- Bat Punches
ADD a pack of the DSP to your Order
Receive Free Tombo Liquid Glue or Mini Dimensionals